Saturday 9 August 2008

Recipes and Fabric Buys

As you will see on my side bar, I've joined Another Little Quilt Swap, and already have a pattern picked out, depending if it fits with my recipients preferences.

Also, I have a pattern selected for my bag swap and have decided how I'm going about it. Here are two of the fabrics recently purchased to enhance my choice of fabrics. Hope to get started today.

A couple of ladies asked for the recipes of my wonderful daughters cooking. For the slice I usually make a triple batch and use two lamington trays.

CHOCOLATE SQUARES

1 cup SR flour, 4ozs butter, 1/2 cup sugar, 3/4 cup coconut,
1 tbsp cocoa, 1 dstsp syrup.

Melt butter, sugar and syrup in saucepan. Pour over dry ingredients and combine.

Press into tray and bake for 15 to 20 minutes in a moderate oven.

Ice as desired. I usually sprinkle with coconut but little choc bits and yum too.

MOCHA COOKIES

150g butter, 3/4 cups brown sugar, 1 egg yolk, 2tsp instant coffee granules, 1 tbsp hot water, 1 1/2 cups plain flour, 1 tbsp cocoa, dark chocolate Melts

Beat butter, sugar, egg yolk and combined coffee and water until smooth.

Stir in sifted flour and cocoa in two batches. Knead dough on floured surface until smooth.

Roll mixture into balls, place 5cm apart on tray and flatten slightly. Press 1 chocolate melt into centre of each and bake about 12 minutes in moderate oven. (She ran out of chocolate Melts and used white chocolate ones instead. Just as yum!)

Enjoy

I also bought this 300cm or 120" tape in a tin. Cute, safe and yes, I have had it out and got it back in the tin.


More fabric purchases later.

Quilting Wishes

3 comments:

  1. You've picked out a pattern! I haven't even thought about it yet. Mind you I signed up for the Art quilt section. Wwhat was I thinking of? LOL

    Love an dhugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog. The little stripply quilt was a day brightener, I'm sure. Thanks for entering my giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooooooooh
    I want to know where you found the tape-in-a-tin ... is it retractable or does it just live in the tin?

    ReplyDelete