Sunday 29 January 2012

Sewing In The Rain

I can't remember the last time the sun was out ... meanwhile the whistler ducks are having an absolute ball.

I've been making good use of time spent indoors and watching the tennis by ... sewing of course. Wednesday and Thursday I worked on these completing my first block for 'Tis The Season'.


Friday was a trip to town so yesterday I finally bit the bullet, pulled out the stapler and finished of my 'Stitching Round the Block'. I've gently stretched it over an artist's canvas after adding the pink border.


When Helen of Hugs 'n Kisses introduced this project, 4 gals in our patchwork group decided we'd join in and swap once a month at our patchwork day.  December 2010 was our first swap and we all received our original piece back about the middle of 2011 after some time restraints cropped up.

Back in early January I was a lucky Daisy Button Winner thanks to lovely Fiona of BubzRugz. As soon as my kit arrived in the mail I got to tracing and stitching and made this sweet daisy which now adorns my hat that I wear on playground duty at school.


The purple ribbon was wrapped around my prize gift from December OPAM. There'sjust time to sign up for OPAM 2012 if you're still considering it. Pop over to Kris at Tag Along Teddies or Peg at Happy In Quilting for sign-ups but be quick.

Now I need to stop putting it off and start the quilting on my next quilt before it becomes a UFO.

5 comments:

  1. lovely projects and a lovely finsh,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely stitching.
    Your srtb looks fantastic!
    well done on your finish, a great way to finish it too.
    You will look very snazzy on yard duty with your button flowers.
    Happy quilting

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a lot of us will be sorry when the tennis finishes..... love your stitch round the block finish and the button daisy on your hat is perfect.... such a thrill to see it
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some lovely projects. The daisy is great on your hat and the reused ribbon is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly used the weather to your advantage. Some nice work in this lot Narelle. Love the hat adornment. :)

    ReplyDelete