Tuesday 24 September 2013

Lost in Time

Where have I been?  Nowhere ... just plugging away at the daily grind. Get up; go to work; come home. Weekends are spent catching up on last week's chores and getting ready for the next week. Been hanging out for the school holidays as an 11 week term seems to be the worst ... everyone gets tired.

I thought Spring was the season between Winter and Summer but we seem to have jumped straight into summer ... a hot, dry summer after a warm winter.


This is the view from the end of our verandah. We've never been this dry going into summer, the trees are showing their stress and our rainwater tanks are almost empty. The lows of rural life.

On a brighter note, I have managed to squeeze in some sewing of a little gift for one of our teachers who is getting married on the weekend. I thought she might like somewhere nice to keep a spare pair of shoes.


Also this little teddy bear card will be on it's way shortly to welcome a beautiful baby girl into her loving family.


My challenge to work on my Red Delicious has been up and down. I started off ok the first week and by the end of the second week spent a catch-up night and was on track again by the 17th. Time for some more catch-up me thinks.  There's also been some last minute embroidery for One Xmas Item which I shall share tomorrow. I have been missing visiting bloggy friends terribly and hope to do some catching up here and there over the next 2 weeks. I'm also looking forwarding to having our patchwork girls visit my home for our next patchwork day.

May your needles stay threaded.   >^..^<

7 comments:

  1. very dry here too with not much water supply..........it' been a long time this empty going into summer..........and what a start to summer it has been.......i'm feeling your pain........

    ReplyDelete
  2. so dry and brown - only our parks and special gardens nice and green...
    enjoy your holidays.. you deserve some down time...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Narelle it looks so dry,i hope you get some rain soon,love the gifts you have made,take care my friend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. time does get away from us.
    Hope the holidays help to recharge your battery. I know they will just fly!
    Let's enjoy them as much as we can.
    love your new header.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo dry!

    I love your new header!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could send you some rain! I've got oodles, and it will be nearly non-stop through April.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, it is dry... almost like here! The bag is lovely, must make one of them one day - I only did the thread catchers for the SAL... and the bear card is so cute! xxx

    ReplyDelete