Monday 17 February 2014

Scrap Basket Sunday

A quick post to show that I did join another 100 x 2" squares into a finished block on Sunday.


Chain piecing is definitely the way to go.  While I had these passing under the needle, I also pieced together as much as I could for Block 1 of 'A Merry Christmas Garden'. This one is going to keep me busy ... lots of steps and I'm revisiting needle turn applique.


Spent a lovely day today at our local patchwork group. Only 5 of us were able to make it but there was plenty of show and tell lots to chat about .... food for the soul.

>^..^<

12 comments:

  1. Love your scrappy block. The Merry Christmas Garden block is looking good. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Merry Christmas garden quilt,can't get it here yet.
    Love little squares too.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love scrap quilts Narelle and yours is looking great. Love your version of "A Merry Christmas Garden" - am about to start mine too

    ReplyDelete
  4. both these projects are coming along nicely Narelle,well done,i always love show and tell.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your scrap block is very vibrant and colourful Narelle, and your Christmas block looks amazing. I look forward to seeing your progression with the quilt. Cheers, Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great scrappy block and your Christmas block is looking great too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done!You are definitely getting me motivated. I can't wait to see the finished Christmas block too--it is looking great so far.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely blocks, the Christmas one is going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love scrappy so of course I love that block.... and that new bom is just lovely.....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. The merry xmas block is very lovely. And I love your scrap block.

    ReplyDelete
  11. my goodness that is a lot of little squares!
    Your christmas garden block looks lovely, beautiful collection of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your scrappy block is great, as is your applique block--isn't it nice to just sit and do a little applique now and then?

    ReplyDelete