Saturday 26 April 2014

Block Finish and a Surprise!

Our local show was last Saturday so I decided to enter the pin cushion and Easter basket along with the Christmas Swag that I finished  for last Christmas. Not only did I win a 2nd place in the pin cushion class ... but to my surprise when I checked through the pavilion ...


there was my Christmas Swag with a 1st place and Champion ribbon ... talk about gob smacked! Bit of a brag photo I know but such a pleasant surprise. I did take my camera on the day but as I work in the office, there just wasn't the time for other photos but we do have a wonderful display of flowers, plants, cookery, produce, art and handcraft and a great little show!

Back to work this week but I stitched a little each night and Thursday was able to put my 1st block of  'A Merry Christmas Garden' together.


Fairly comfortable with the needle turn method now but the next block will have to wait a little.  I have my next block for LMF half stitched, 2 more blocks sitting in their packets and the next 2 blocks ready to pick up so I have some blanket stitching to get cracking on. Our first grandchild  is due early July so I would like to have the quilt finished not too long after. I don't get the last of the blocks till end of July. Then there will be the sewing together and quilting.

Wishing all a creative weekend.     >^..^<

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations Narelle. Love your block. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats narelle what a wonderful and exciting surprise,you deserve to win your buntinting is gorgeous and how exciting to be expecting your first grandson child.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on your win......always great to support a local show..........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Such fun!
    What method of needleturn did you settle on in the end?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Narelle!! You've done an incredible job with that Christmas banner!! You deserve the win!!
    The block looks fabulous - I love it in that colour way!! ... Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Narelle. Well deserved.
    How exciting a new baby in the family.
    Love your block.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh well done Champion... its well deserved.... and great about the grandie child arriving later this year.... some excitement...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Narelle,
    Oh well done on your show entry placings, it's a lovely feeling
    for yourself. They are lovely items you've made.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your wins Narelle...

    ReplyDelete
  10. missed this post! congratulations on your wonderful prizes, what a great bonus.
    how exciting to be expecting your little grandbaby.

    ReplyDelete